Lesna (Lesninskaya) Icon of the Mother of God
was revealed in the feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross in 1683 a shepherd in a pear tree branches and moved to a nearby Orthodox church Bukovichey village, near the village of Forest.
When the fame of which was a wonderful icon
spread throughout the neighborhood, the Catholic clergy decided to use an icon for the spread of Catholicism.
They have taken away the power of an icon among residents Bukovichey in 1686 and raised in Lesno church.
At the beginning of XVIII century, the monks founded a Catholic order in Lesna large church and monastery, where the miraculous icon.
In 1863 the monks of the Order took part in the Polish revolt, and ordered the Russian government, the monastery was closed and converted to the Orthodox parish.
Celebrating Lesna Icon of the Mother of God is also perpetrated by September 8 and Day of the Holy Trinity
Lesna (Lesninskaya) Framed Icon of the Mother of God, with Crystals and Glass with Protective Glass and Crystals.
ICON HAS A HOOK ON THE BACK SIDE,
Size: 8 1/4" x 7 1/4"
thickness of the icon with the frame: 1"