SIZE: 6 1/4" x 5"
Chirskaya (Pskov), the icon
of Our Lady was originally located in the village church and the Diocese of Pskov Chirskii called the "Chirskaya."
July 16, 1420 at the Grand Prince Vasily Dimitrijevic, archbishop of Novgorod and Pskov and Pskov Simeon Prince Feodor Alexandrovich during plague epidemic, the former in Pskov, from icons
of the Virgin Chirskaya of both eyes past their tears.
This was reported to the authorities of the city. When the miraculous icon was moved to Pskov, to the image of the Meeting was carried out a procession at the great gathering of people and the participation of the prince, all reverently prayed. The icon was placed in the cathedral church of the Holy Trinity
. Pestilential plague in the city waned, and soon ceased altogether. After transferring the icon came to be known as Pskov. In memory of the transfer of the icon in 1470 in Pskov church was built in Znamenskaya Old Znamenskoye nunnery.